Planetary Terrain is a quadtree based procedural planetary terrain system for your space game! Smoothly travel from orbit to the ground.
- Quadtree based dynamic, adjustable LOD
- Even earth-sized and bigger planets supported thanks to floating origin!
- Planets can rotate and have colliders
- Node Editor for noise to easily create good looking planets
- CPU or GPU based noise generation for top performance
- Foliage system to procedurally spawn grass and meshes on planet
- Scaled Space to easily add far away moons and other planets
- Different generation modes for planets including noise, heightmap and hybrid - Built in noise-based heightmap generator
- Heightmap Importer utility included
- Planet texturing based on elevation and slope or splatmaps
- Planet Shader with up to six textures and normal mapping
- 8-bit and 16-bit heightmaps supported
- Atmospheric scattering shader
- All source code included
Free download links for «Planetary Terrain»: