Mountain Trees - Dynamic Nature – download Unity asset
Pack support unity:
- Unity 5.6
- Unity 2017
- Unity 2018
- Unity 2018 LW RP 4.9
- Unity 2018 HD RP 4.9
- Unity 2019
- Unity 2019.1 LW RP 5.7+
- Unity 2019.1 HD RP 5.7
- Unity 2019.2+ LW RP 6.9+
- Unity 2019.2+ HD RP 6.9+
- SRP Batcher support Unity 2019.2+ LW AND HD RP - DOTS instancing support
This pack contain 8 PBR mountain fir trees in 63 prefabs. (39 standard prefabs + 24 vegetation studio prefabs). Trees could be placed in forest (special forest tree versions) or as standalone. All trees work perfectly with unity terrain and Vegetation Studio system (separated prepared prefabs). They are carefuly optimised and created from scanned data. Trees have low overdraw, drawcall usage and are very cheap in render. All trees contain very advanced wind shading. Trees could be overlayed dynamicly by snow, this feature also give you ability to adjust snow amount on trees at static scenes.
We prepared 6 kind of tree prefabs:
- normal : where 4 from 8 trees have 2 bark materials for cool blend at bark
- cheap where all trees have 1 bark material (less drawcalls) and all trees could use the same leaves and bark. This means that 8 types of trees will be batched together (very low drawcalls for whole forest).
- normal with dynamic snow
- cheap with dynamic snow
- normal with static snow
- cheap with static snow
Please download version for 2017 on unity 2017+ , 2018.3+ on unity 2018.3+, 2019.2+ at unity 2019.2+ and 5.6 at unity 5.6. Shaders, materials, textures for trees are compiled separately for this engine versions (unity changes). Set linear render or adjust (decrease colors) for gamma.
All cheaper version of trees could be batched togerther so drawcall usage will be decreased dramaticly even with 8 types of trees at the scene.
In our pack you will find 4 aspects:
1) Different stages of trees like:
- 2 big standalone
- 2 forest trees (less tri and shadows on the ground)
- dead tree
2) Group of textures for trees
-compressed in Albedo/Alpha; Normal; Metallic/AO/Smoothness for cheaper gpu render and less memory usage:
- snow set (5 textures)
- 14 bark sets (45 textures)
- leaves (4 textures)
- 16 cross texture sets (32 textures)
- All shaders support vegetation studio instanced indirect out of the box
- All shaders support vegetation studio pro instanced indirect out of the box
- 2 Cross shaders (no snow, snow),
- 4 Bark shaders (metalic, metalic snow, specular, specular snow)
- 4 leaves shader (metalic, metalic snow, specular, specular snow)
- snow is dynamic so tree could be covered at runtime.
- dynamic snow realtime update at vegetation studio need additional script to acces into VS coppied materials..
- dynamic snow realtime update at vegetation studio pro work out of the box.
- you could adjust snow amount and snow distribution by 2 values (snow amount, snow treshold).
4) Advanced and cheap in render wind shading:
- new wind system which generate epic result available from 1.5.v of this pack.
- wind will be shared between our all assets
- wind works 1:1 like in HD SRP
Fir Trees LOD'S and triangles:
3900/1800/900/400/ 24 (cross)
All textures are high quality from scanned data. Resolution is from 1024x2048 up to 4096x4096. They look very good also at lower resolution setup. You could match them to your goals. As trees have shared materials and textures drawcall and gpu usage is very low so it's good to hold even high resolution textures because they don't cost much.
Note: We advice to use forest trees in forest to get better light and performance result and standalone versions on forest border and sometimes inside forest. This setup will give best visual and performance result.
Note2: In our screens we used our: Advanced Foliage Pack (grass and ground textures), Advanced Rock Pack (rocks and rock shader), CTS (terrain shading) and third party assets: Enviro (sky and light), Vegetation Studio ( foliage system)
Note3: LOD0 could be used in archviz, even with LP for such project type they look very realistic. Scanned data and sculpted details gives realistic looking.
Forest demo scene - download link and assets which it need to run, are in youtube video description. There are 2 versions (old unity below 2018.2 and new unity 2018.3+)
Frozen land tutorial demo scene - download link and assets which it need to run, are in youtube video description.
Pack contain ported wind from Unity 2018 HD SRP into lower unity versions and LW SRP this means that asset uses: NMWind.cginc ,NMWindNoShiver.cginc ,NMWind.hlsl, NMWindNoShiver.hlsl, NM_Wind.cs, ShaderWindSettings.cs, 3DNoise.psd, GustNoise.psd under Unity Companion License see Third-Party Notices.txt file in package for details.
Asset version: 2.1
More Info: _https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/3d/vegetation/trees/mountain-trees-dynamic-nature-107004